Hey sweet chickies it’s me Jacq bring you today’s post. We’re wrapping up the last few days of school before vacation finally starts for my eldest (which means vacation for mommy too) this week, just two days of school, another for meeting with her teacher and finally a party for the kids to celebrate the end of first semester for them on Friday. Half of our school year is almost over and we can’t wait for vacation to start, mainly because we’re going away for a few weeks.
I’m excited and anxious at the same time, you see this is the first time we will be traveling abroad as a family of four and my youngest is only thirteen months old. I have no idea how she will react on the flight and it’s an eight hour journey so I’m praying she will sleep for the most part of it.
I will bring the essentials on the flight and while we are out sight seeing. It is better to have all these in one bag so that I won’t look high and low for something when I need it. I’ve made a list of things to bring weeks ago and I keep adding to it now and then whenever I remember something we will need for the girls.
1. Emergency/First aid kit - Ibruprofen / Paracetamol for both kids. Cough and colds medicine. Band aids. Digital thermometer.
2. Finger food, juice, water and milk. Since we don’t know where we will be eating once we’ve reached our destination it is better to bring snacks that I know they will like. They should also be well hydrated.
3. Travel gear. We bought a light and compact stroller for this trip. We plan to gate check the stroller so it is good that if fits the overhead compartment of the plane. We will also bring a baby carrier (or two) to use when the baby doesn’t want to sit in the stroller, this I know will happen so I must not forget the carrier. My eldest would be happy to take her sister’s place so the stroller will still be put to good use.
4. Toiletries. My youngest has sensitive skin so I will be bringing all her essentials for this trip, everything will be in the luggage properly sealed to avoid any spill. The weather will be cold so lip balm and lotion must not be forgotten. Diapers, lots of diapers. All sorts of wipes like hand wipes, baby wipes and pacifier wipes will be in the diaper bag as well. Disposable bags, another essential that needs to be in the bag.
5. Toys/books for entertainment. My eldest is well behaved so I just have to bring things she can work on/play with during the flight so she won’t get bored. The last time we went on a trip was a seven hour flight to Tokyo and she happily just watched Disney movies on her screen but I came prepared with books, coloring pads, crayons,stickers and small toys. I will do the same for this trip as well.
I have less than two weeks to prepare everything for this trip, I hope I don’t forget anything. If you have any tips for us I would be happy to hear them.