Happy Monday everyone! I was working on a layout recently about some of my very favorite things – and I had to laugh at how random and ordinary most of them were. BUT, they are all things that I use on an almost-daily basis, so I thought they were important enough to document. I thought I would go ahead and share some of them with you all too – in case you were looking for something new to love A lot of you probably use many of these, but maybe there will be one or two that is new to you
1) Spicy Muffalata from That Pickle Guy – this is something that has overtaken my house! The makers of this product are based in Illinois, and we first picked up a jar of spicy muffalata at costco in chicago. We loved it SO much (even my husband, who was never a huge spicy-foods lover) that we now buy it by the case and have it shipped to Boston – we even plan meals around it. it is DELICIOUS! We have tried their other products as well, and although we like them, nothing beats the spicy muffalata for us!
2) Inkos Hint ‘O Mint White Tea – we started drinking this about 6 1/2 years ago, and it’s another item that we buy by the case and have shipped to us. It is so refreshing, so healthy, so delicious – YUM! I can’t really address the other tea flavors – since I like things unsweetened and minty – so this flavor was a natural for me.
3) Li Lash – I had really, really, really short eyelashes, so I started getting fake eyelash extensions about a year and a half ago. I liked the look of the extensions immediately after application, and the fact that I didn’t have to wear mascara – however I didn’t like the cost, application time or the fact that they started looking pretty bad after a week and a half. I decided to start trying Li Lash and have had AMAZING results. I get asked about my eyelashes almost every single day now – it’s crazy! I know that there are some rumored side effects with these types of products, but I haven’t had any at all. I love my new eyelashes!
4) Oil Cleansing Method and Coconut Oil – I know that people have talked in the forums a lot about the benefits of coconut oil and also about washing their face with a mixture of castor oil and a carrier oil (olive oil, sunflower seed oil, etc) and I have to say that I agree with every positive comment made. I started cleaning my face with oils about 9 months ago, and have used coconut oil as a body moisterizer, food oil, foot oil, etc. for a long time. I cannot say enough good things about natural oils!
5) Gel Manicures – I have been getting gel (and/or shellac) manicures for over a year – and I love them! My nails stay unchipped for two to three weeks, I leave the salon with dry nails and my nails are actually healthy underneath the polish. I only wish that they would start making some really glittery polish so that I could do some of the fun looks I see on Pinterest.
Other things I am loving these days are using our new Smart TV to watch Netflix, watching movies at the Lux Level of our movie theater (wine and dinner during a movie? yes, please!), making lots of green smoothies and green juice, and eating lots of sunbutter (since my daughter is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts).