Ideas for recording the experiences in your past that helped make you who you are today
I’m sure we’ve all heard the old saying, “The only thing constant is change.” Life is an ever evolving journey, full of twists and turns. And, where you are right now in your life’s journey is the product of all your past experiences. So, I’d like to encourage you to take some time to think about where you came from and record some of those moments from your journey–the moments in your past that brought you to where you are right now.
- Do you have stories from the lives of your parents or grandparents that need to be recorded?
- What important lessons did your learn from your parents or grandparents?
- What are your favorite childhood memories?
- How did you meet your spouse or partner?
- What memories do you have about the births of your children?
- What did you always want to be when you “grew up?”
- Did you have a teacher who influenced you in a profound way?
- What activities were you most involved in during high school or college?
- Did you go to college? Why or why not?
- What did you study in college? Did it lead you to your dream career?
- What kind of fitness habits (or lack thereof) did you establish early on in life?
- Did you play sports or dance (or something else) as a child?
- Have you achieved a fitness goal? How did that journey begin?
- How and why did you start scrapping?
- Has your scrapbooking style changed over time? What was it like when you first started out?
- Did you begin your memory keeping with a diary or journal as a child? Or with a blog when you were older?
- Did you start out as a paper scrapper? When/How did you find digital scrapbooking?
- Do you have a favorite vacation memory from your childhood?
- Have you moved around a lot during your life or have you stayed in the same place?
- Have you ever had a “happy place” where you could go to relax and regroup?
- How do you feel about the town/city where you grew up?