Another Featured Designer Friday is here Sweet Shoppers, and this week we’re bringing you part two of Megan Turnidge’s fun 4 in ’14 spotlight which is going to give you some insight into her favorite layouts, recipes and MORE! I have been loving the chance to get to know our designers a little better words and pictures, and I hope you have been enjoying it too! Don’t forget between now and next Thursday, August 28th, you’ll get It’s A Wonderful Life, Megan’s gorgeous and feminine featured designer kit that’s perfect for showcasing your favorite memories, FREE when you spend $10 in the shoppe!
I’m not the type that takes selfies very often, but I do try to get a photo of myself about once a month. I wish I would get in front of the camera WITH my kids and hubby more!
I love food. Way too much. I also love baking and cooking. It’s a dangerous (yet delicious) hobby. I use Pinterest pretty heavily for discovering new recipes and I try several new recipes every month. Here are a couple that have become family faves:
1. These buttery dinner rolls taste like heaven. Delicious, fatty, buttery, carby heaven. They are actually pretty easy to make (no kneading required) and come out so impressive. I made these for the first time for a test run for Thanksgiving back in October of last year and it led me to try a lot of other breads. In fact, I don’t buy any bread from the store anymore. I bake it all at home.
2. Perfect M&M Cookies – They really are perfect. This dough is so addicting! This was the first time I ever used dry vanilla pudding mix in a cookie recipe and I’m a convert! The vanilla pudding mix keeps them soft, adds to the flavor, and they taste fresh for DAYS longer than traditional recipes. I’m a total sucker for M&Ms in my cookies too. Om nom.
3. Shrimp Scampi – I tried this recipe for the first time last month and it was immediately added to my recipe binder! Who knew a fancy dish like shrimp scampi could be SO EASY?! Seriously, 15 minutes is all you need for this dish.
4. Perfect Pizza Crust – I love Annie’s Eats. She never lets me down! Her recipe for pizza crust dough is perfect and she shares all her tips for getting perfect pizza in her post (yes, you NEED a stone). We make pizza almost every Friday. This was a Philly Cheesesteak pizza I put together and it’s my fave.
Sigh. I haven’t scrapped in years! It makes me so sad! Though these are a few years old, I still love them! I need to make the time to scrap so I can document all those special moments.
I’m not the type of girl who gets all made up very often, but when I do, I love to have some high quality tools in my bag! Most of my makeup is drugstore, but I’ve learned over the years that some items are worth splurging on. Here are some of my favorite beauty items:
1. Urban Decay Naked 2 – this was my first high-end purchase of eyeshadows and I’m so glad I decided to splurge! Their Naked palettes have a good range of basic shades for making many different looks. This eyeshadow is so silky and lovely!
2. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner – I canNOT live without this eye liner! I like to do a winged eye liner and this felt tip pen makes it super easy. It goes on smooth and super black and it really does last all day. I tried 5 or 6 cheaper eye pens similar to this one before I broke down and tried the Stila eye liner. All my others would feather and bleed or would rub off in my crease during the day or just weren’t dark enough. This stuff is totally worth it.
3. Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil – I like to use this along my lower lashes. It lasts all day, but it’s smudgeable for about 30 seconds. I take a smudge brush and smudge it out along my lower lashes for a perfect complement to my bold upper liner.
4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – This is a must every time I apply eye makeup. It helps your eyeshadow go on more vibrant and helps it stay on your lids all day long. Plus, it lasts forever. A little bit about the size of a grain of long grain rice is all I need.
Don’t forget to check back in with us next Friday and every friday after that as we put the rest of our incredible designers into the spotlight. Each of them have such quirky personalities that I’m positive each week will bring new surprises and special treats that we can’t wait to share with you!