Happy National Dessert Day from Sweet Shoppe Designs!
That’s right – October 14th is known as National Dessert Day in the United States, and we believe that’s a holiday well worth celebrating. It’s a day to indulge in the sweet course that concludes a meal. Perhaps that consists of a cake, ice cream, pastry, confection, pudding, or fresh or cooked fruit. It’s a superb way to indulge your sweet tooth while also paying homage to the talented bakers in our lives.
“This was why she enjoyed baking. A good dessert could make her feel like she’d created joy at the tips of her fingers. Suddenly, the people around the table were no longer strangers. They were friends and confidantes, and she was sharing with them her magic.” – Marissa Meyer
In honor of this sweetest of holidays, we’ve combed through the Shoppe to find more than a Baker’s Dozen of scrapbooking kits, cards, and templates about desserts and baking. So whether you want to create an album of your favorite dessert recipes or scrapbook your family’s celebration of National Dessert Day, these supplies are the ingredients you need for a positively delicious set of layouts!
While you’re working on your dessert-themed layout, here are some sweet quotes you can use to embellish your page:
- We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie. — David Mamet
- Life is what you bake of it. — Unknown
- Dessert is like a feel-good song, and the best ones make you dance. — Edward Lee
- I don’t share blame. I don’t share credit. And I don’t share desserts. Beverly Sills
- Nothing smells home like the smell of baking. — Unknown
- I’m not a vegetarian! I’m a dessertarian! — Bill Watterson
- I’ve never met a problem a proper cupcake couldn’t fix. — Sarah Ockler
- A recipe has no soul. You, As the cook, must bring soul to a recipe. — Thomas Keller
- The 12-step chocoholics program: Never be more than 12 steps away from chocolate! — Terry Moore
- Never underestimate a woman who loves baking. — Unknown
- If baking is any labor at all, it’s a labor of love. A love that gets passed down from generation to generation. — Regina Brett
- Desserts are the fairy tales of the kitchen—a happily-ever-after to supper. — Terri Guillemets
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt. — Charles M. Schulz