Happy 93rd birthday to Mickey Mouse! Can you believe he’s a nonagenarian? That’s right – 93 years ago today, on November 18, 1928, Mickey Mouse made his big-screen debut in the short film “Steamboat Willie”. Personally, I don’t think he looks a day over 70…
Mickey is one of the most recognizable cartoon characters around the world as well as one of the most beloved. In honor of his birthday, I hunted through the Shoppe for kits and templates you can use to add some “mouse flavor” to your next scrapbook layout. So whether you’re memorializing your family’s vacation to one of the Disney parks, capturing the fun of a Mickey-themed birthday party, writing about your child’s obsession with a particular Disney-channel show, or scrapbooking your own love for this adorable mouse, these products are for you!
- Mickey has starred in over 121 theatrical releases including shorts and featurettes.
- Mickey was the first cartoon character to earn a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame!
- Mickey’s first phrase was his now-famous “Hot-dog! Hot dog!”
- The first person to give Mickey his voice was none other than Walt Disney himself.
- While Steamboat Willie was Mickey’s very first appearance, he made his feature film debut in Fantasia in 1940.