‘Tis the season to eat! The remaining 15 days of the year will be filled with parties, gatherings, programs, concerts, soirees and cocktail hours, all of which are excuses to gather together and eat. There’s an Irish Proverb that says, “Laughter is brightest where food is best,” and I find that to be especially evident during the month of December.
But it’s not just these special events that find us food-focused; it’s the fact our schedules become jam-packed with activities and tasks and it’s everything we can do to keep ourselves and our families from entering the Hangry Zone.
hungry and angry, especially when the anger is induced by the hunger.
No matter how much we might want to turn out three nutritionally-balanced meals from our kitchen every day, when we’re juggling kids’ extra-curriculars and community events, holiday parties and Christmas shopping, wrapping gifts and packing for trips and cleaning the house and preparing for guests – – – well, sometimes the best course of action is to reach for the closest takeout menu or pick up the phone and make reservations.
So whether you’re working on a Project Life, 365, or December Daily album and want to capture images of what you really did for dinner that night, or memorializing photographs you captured when your group of friends gathered at a favorite restaurant for brunch, creating a layout of that night you grabbed dinner from a food truck and then walked through the Christmas lights downtown, or scrapbooking your extended family’s holiday dinner at a special restaurant, these kits are not just appetizing, they’re downright delicious!
Looking for a quote or two about food or eating out to include on your layout? Give one of these a try, and be sure you post your finished pages in the Gallery so we can admire what you’ve created!
- People who love to eat are always the best people. – Julia Child
- After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relatives. – Oscar Wilde
- One cannot think, love, sleep well if one has not dined well. – Virginia Woolf
- Great food is like great sex. The more you have, the more you want. – Gael Greene
- Life is too short for self-hatred and celery sticks. – Marilyn Wann
- If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. – JRR Tolkien
- So long as you have food in your mouth you have solved all problems for the time being. – Franz Kafka
- First we eat, then we do everything else. MFK Fisher
- If you’re stressed it’s fine dining we suggest… Lumiere in “Be Our Guest”
- Takeout is my favorite recipe
- She eats takeout on china and serves champagne with pizza
- I serve 3 meals a day: Frozen, microwave, and take-out.
- My favorite thing to make for dinner is reservations.