Hey everyone I’m excited to bring you one of our newest blog features, Sweet Talk, which sheds some light on YOU. Our amazing community members. Once a month we will indulge in some “sweet talk” and have some fun getting to know you all a little bit better.
“When someone tells you a piece of their life, they’re giving you a gift.” – Patrick Rothfuss
We’ll start off with an ice breaker and show off some gorgeous pages then we’ll end the interview with a lightning round of 15 questions to learn some fun, interesting and cool things about a different member of the sweetest spot in town!
This month I’m excited to introduce: Heather, (HeatherB in the forum)
How you came to find digital scrapbooking?
Heather says: “I started paper scrapbooking in early 2006 to start making a memory book for each of my children, but quickly discovered that scrapbook supplies and toddlers make for a messy combination! Plus the fact that I could never commit to cutting those gorgeous papers. There’s no undo button in paper! I switched to digital in December 2006, and haven’t looked back.”
What’s your day job, where you live, pets, kids?
Heather says: “I’m a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager. I work parttime from home, tele-commuting to the office, even before Covid hit. I live in Alberta, Canada with my husband and two boys, 19 and 16. I also have a black lab who is a real sweetie and usually my constant companion.”
I loved looking through her gallery and found this striking page:
“This striking page really popped out at me with that white background and all of the foliage. I love the great photo crop too!!”
I also asked Heather about her favorite pages from her own gallery here and this is what she shared:
“I picked this layout of my youngest son just about to kick the football. I love that he is doing something he loves to do. I also learned something about him with his written message on his arm during games.“
“I picked this layout that has a questionnaire about my oldest son. I love doing questionnaires periodically, it’s a great way to capture a snapshot of what life is like for my subject and it is a fun way to play with different fonts.”
“I picked this layout because the photos really spoke to me. My youngest son and one of my sisters enjoying a moment together and enjoying spending time with each other.”
- What’s your favorite way to spend a day off? Reading, gaming with my husband, and binge watching shows on Netflix or Prime.
- Are you an introvert or extrovert? Definitely an introvert. I prefer to spend my time with my family doing things together. Crowds drain my energy!
- What’s your favorite pizza topping? Mushrooms! Lots and lots of mushrooms! (And cheese of course.)
- Are you a binge watcher? What’s the last show you binged? My husband and I last watched Season 6 of The Expanse. We both love sci-fi shows. On my own, I watched the latest season of Masterchef.
- If you could tell us to read one book, what would you recommend? A Dog’s Purpose. It was a sweet book told from the point of view of a dog.
- Amusement park or National park? National Park, definitely. We are only 5 hours away from Jasper National Park and I grew up spending so much time there.
- Are you the prankster or the prank-ee? Definitely the prank-ee. My husband is the prankster in the family. But he always makes me laugh.
- What’s your favorite board game? Lately it is Bears vs. Babies. But we also enjoy playing Throw Throw Burrito.
- You have one superpower, what is it? The ability to stretch time. So that I can fit everything I want to into one day!
- What’s your favorite season? Autumn for the cooler sweater weather, the beautiful fall colours, and of course, football!
- Are you cooking at home or picking up to-go? Definitely picking up to-go!
- What’s your “regular” coffee order? I make an iced capp every morning before work.
- Is your bed everyday? Yes, it might be a little messy, but it is made.
- What’s on your desk at work or home? Post-it Notes. Everywhere!
- What was your first job? Piano teacher to the neighbourhood kids.
WOW I wish I made my bed everyday, lol. What a cool first job as a piano teacher, you must play very well. I enjoyed learning more about her and I hope that you all did too. Thank you again, Heather, for letting me interview you for this “sweet talk” feature.
See you all next time!