This week we are spotlighting Juli!
Hi Sweet Shoppe Fans, my name is Juli Fish. I’ve been hanging out here at the Sweet Shoppe for over seven years now. I live in Tampa, Florida with my husband Jason and our daughters Katie (15) and Hannah (12). I have been a crafty person all my life. I loved papercrafting of all kinds, but then I had my second child and there was no way to keep her out of what I was working on, plus the local scrapbook store was filled with a little clique of people and I just didn’t fit in. So I decided to learn how to digital scrapbook when Hannah was two and here we are today – 10 years later! I scrapbook to record our family memories, but it also gives me time to be creative and when you are a working mom having time to yourself to do something you love is very important!
My layout style varies according to my mood and whose products I’m working with. I love pages filled with color and a little bit of paint somewhere makes my heart very happy. I often start my page in one direction and it turns out completely different. I’m one of those people that scrap slow and it can take me a couple nights to finish a layout. I have a love for patterned paper and I often find myself trying to get it all on one page and then having to restart because what I have looks crazy. When I scrap at night I work with the TV on and my husband sits on the couch behind me. I remember what shows I was watching when was making certain pages.
Picking my favorite Sweet Shoppe products was so hard. Each week the Designers release incredible kits and just want to use them all!!! Here are a few kits that I either use again and again or are kits that bring back sweet memories for me.
1. Traci Reed’s 365 Unscripted Stitched Grids – I do my own version of Project Life to make vacation, high school and week to week albums for my family. Traci’s templates are almost always the foundation for my pages. I love these!!!
2. Zoe Pearn’s School Days – My daughters both went to an elementary school where they wore a uniform and teal was one of the shirt colors. This kit was always perfect for their school activities and I look back on the pages I’ve made with this kit so fondly!
3. Addicted To Lists by Studio Basic – First of all I love Studio Basic’s style and I love all her kits, but this one really spoke to me. I’m a huge list maker and just love all the little stickers and the patterned paper in this kit!
4. Shawna Clingerman’s Painted Rainbow Alphabet – I’m a sucker for stamped alphas and these are just fabulous. So easy to add to any page and I love that they come in so many colors!
I love to travel! I can’t wait for my kids to go off to college and for my husband and I to quit our jobs so we can travel the world! Seriously. This year my husband and I finally got to take our dream trip to Europe and it was like a second honeymoon for us. We visited Rome, Florence, Pisa, Lucca, Cannes, Palma, Barcelona, Naples and Prauge. It was an amazing trip. We have also traveled to Alaska via cruise ship three times. Twice with the kids and once just the two of us. This pic from Juneau was from our Summer vacation 2013 and the girls loved Juneau and have asked to go back again. We are fortunate living in Florida to be near so many cruise ports! With kids who like to hang out with other kids crusing as a family makes for a vacation everyone can enjoy. In the bottom left picture we were in St. Thomas, which was so beautiful and another place we’d all like to go back to today. Finally in the bottom right picture, my husband and I are in front of the Olympic rings in Whistler, BC. We have been fortunate to travel to a few different cities where the Olympics have been held and we always try to find the rings and take a pic in front of them.
My favorite products….
1. Mary Kay Concealer in a little black tube. I was doubtful at first, however, I have to hide this little tube from Katie (15) because this stuff works great! I often have craters under my eyes and this is the only concealer I’ve used that has actually spackled in the craters and made me feel like I might not look so sleep deprived.
2. Archer Farms Pumpkin Spice K-Cups. A little bit of fall in my coffee cup with out all the sugar and calories from Starbucks. Yum!
3. Caress Evenly Gorgeous body wash. I use it as bubble bath in the tub when I soak after a long day of being a mom to a teen and a tween and a “you never do it right” boss. Yes, there is more expensive stuff out there, but this is my favorite scent and the fact I can pick it up at Target when I run out (for less than $4) makes it a must have.
4. Bath & Body Works Fireside Marshmallow candles – it’s on my Christmas wish list every year and I am known to hide it from my family so it doesn’t get used too fast. Love the sweet scent and it just reminds me of Christmas magic (which we need a little bit of all year in my opinion).